domenica 23 marzo 2008

What a wonderful country..


The Independence Hall in Philadelphia: photo by me

Hi guys, I've just come back from the States..what a great journey!! I went there with a small baroque orchestra (we were only 17 people: being a small number helped us know one onother and have wonderful time together) and we performed in two great cities: NY and Philadelphia. NY is rightly called "the city that never sleeps" because people are out night and day, while Philadelphia is considered the core of the United States of America, since the Declaration of Independence (1776) and the very first Constitution were signed there. Unlike other tournées I did in the past, in the States we had free time to visit both cities and to meet American musicians, as well as eat American food (by the way, portions are huge, I had never seen such big portions of French fries in my life!).. In NY I was really impressed by the Ground Zero area, where a tiny church collects objects, gifts, photos and images by people from around the world and by those volunteers who helped after September 11, 2001. Visiting the church we were all deeply moved, but we could also feel the unity and the courage of American people who, despite such a tragic event, worked together to overcome difficulties and sorrow..

Inside St. Paul's Church at Ground Zero: a memorial of Sept. 11, 2001 (photo by me)


That was my first journey to the States..once back I realized the importance of visiting different countries and getting to know different cultures: it's a great opportunity to broaden your horizon and become more open minded..



The Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan..taking a few photos before the concert..



Nessun commento: